Sunday, January 31, 2016

Digital Images

Use in the classroom:
Like I have stated before, I have several Juniors and Seniors that are going to be taking the new SAT in March. I figured that my infograpic could be used by my students as a guideline, or tips, for preparing for the tests and the testing days! Students will be able to follow my list to help prepare them for the SAT. I have learned that with my students, "less is more" if I had written a bunch of words and sentences on my infographic they would not have read it. Keeping it simple does not intimidate them as much. I created my GIF to be funny and show my students what people think of the SAT. I wanted to provide a little humor and get my students to relax.

Application:
The readings from week one about design principles for instructional multimedia fit with how the infographic lets teachers create artifacts that incorporate multiple types of media, and or steps in one document. I was able to combine text and pictures at the same time to make it appealing so that my students are more likely to look at it (at least). The GIF let me be able to combine pictures and videos into one new video which makes instruction smoother and can provide some humor in regards to a serious testing situation.

Reflection:
My students are used to using the computer to complete all of their work and they are used to taking, and modifying pictures (a.k.a. "the selfie") but I can show them some other things that they can do with their pictures. They could even create a GIF out of some of their pictures, which would be very interesting for me to see! I might even make this an assignment :)

Photo is Public Domain

Source: giphy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment