Sunday, February 14, 2016

Augmented Learning

Use in the classroom:

First, I would have to say that I would NOT use this type of learning in my classroom. At least not at this time. I am at the HATE relationship stage with this technology. I had so many difficulties with the assignment this week. I have used QR codes before so I wanted to try the Augmented Reality. I have always thought that it looked fun and interesting, but I would need a lot more practice and experience before I incorporated it into my classroom. This may be something that I could have my students work with and maybe they can teach me how to use it better. :) This technology would not work in my current school environment anyways, because a lot of my students do not have cell phones, or smart devices, and we use desktop computers. We do not have access to laptops or tablets that the rest of the school has because we are located in a separate building away from the rest of the school.

Applications:

The design principles of Temporal Continuity and Personalization align with this idea. I can personalize it for the topic/subject the students are working on, or on an individualized level for each student. These principles align with the idea of using Augmented Learning or QR codes as a whole because the students can scan the image and they are led directly to the information that they are assigned and will have several resources available to them at any one time.

Reflection:

I struggled with this assignment all week. I could not figure out how to create overlays and then every time I would try and use the Aurasma App on my phone it either would not scan the image or it would freeze up and crash my phone. :( I was so frustrated because I could not figure out what I was doing wrong and I knew that it should not be this difficult. I did not enjoy this assignment and I honestly don't know if the trigger image even works (since the app on my phone won't work). After stressing over this all week, I realized that I should have just made a QR code assignment, but I was so tired and upset about this not working that I didn't want to go back and try and start over. I just wanted to get this over with. Hopefully this trigger image works, if not, I'm sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment